‘AldiFest’ – Get your wellies ready as your summer festivities start here!
Official Supermarket Partner
Aldi is delighted to announce it has signed a new three-year deal with Electric Picnic to become the Official Supermarket Partner to Ireland’s premier music festival. After three long years without festivals, Electric Picnic 2022 sold out in minutes and the #TeamAldiIreland are excited to join festival goers in Stradbally this year, for what is sure to be one of the best festivals yet.
So, what can you expect from Aldi at Electric Picnic?
The retailer will have a pop-up store with all of your festival essentials, located conveniently for festival campers and will remain open for festival attendees to shop throughout the three-day festival. Festival goers will be able to purchase breakfast foods, snacks, sweet treats, beauty items and sun cream to the all-important festival Specialbuys to fully kit out your camping area when you arrive. Items such as sleeping bags, festival pop-up tents and camping chairs will be available for those who leave their packing to the last minute! And don’t forget, camping can be enjoyed all year around, so Aldi and Electric Picnic is encouraging festival goers to bring home their tents and camping essentials after the festival to enjoy for years to come!
Here's some of what you can expect to see on Aldi shelves at Electric Picnic:
- Outdoor First Aid Kit
- Festival Trolley
- Single Air Bed with Foot Pump
- Led Lamp with Mosquito Zapper
- Picnic Table
- Sleeping Bag
- Ultra-Light Camping Chair
- Festival Pop Up Tent
- Lamp with Bluetooth Speaker
- Picnic Backpack with Wine Cooler
- Camping Games Table
- 4 Man Instant Tent
Health, Beauty and Baby options
- Alcohol Free Cool Mint Mouthwash Dentitex 500ml
- Biodegradable 3In1 Face Wipes 25 pack
- Lacura Activ Linen Women's Roll On 50ml
- Nappy Sacks Mamia 150 pack
- Tampons Applicator Regular Lunex 20 Pack
- Uplifting Shower Gel Lacura 250ml
- Classic Clean 2in1 Clarifying Anti Dandruff Shampoo Head & Shoulders 450ml
- SPF 50 Roll on Sun Lotion 50ml
- Aftersun Spray 200ml
- Snackrite Cinema Style Hand Cooked Salted Popcorn 9 x 20g
- On-the-go Raspberry Brooklea protein pouch 200g
- Eat & Go Fresh Sandwiches
- Hand Cooked Crisps Share Bag Cassidy’s 150G
- Eat & Go Fresh Cut Fruit 300g
- Breakfast Biscuits Milk & Cereal Harvest Morn 300g
- Eat & Go Fresh Wraps
- Tasty to Go Chicken Pasta Salads 284g/294g
- Strawberries Nature's Pick 227g
- Original Taste Coca-Cola 1.5l
- Giannis Specially Selected Ice Cream Mini Cups 4 x 110ml
- Tasty to Go Fresh Sushi Selection 160g/180g
- Giant Chocolate Buttons 120g
Speaking about the announcement, Niall O’Connor, Group Managing Director noted:
“This is a significant announcement for Aldi customers and employees alike as we finally reveal this very exciting partnership. We’ve been working with Electric Picnic over the last few months to finalise our plans which includes a festival orientated Aldi supermarket at the event. At Aldi, value is at the heart of everything we offer, and we know that going to a festival means people still want that value in their pockets - and in their tents!”
“Our customers continue to demand more from us, and we are confident that our presence at Electric Picnic will add to festival goers experience. Those attending can look forward to all the best Aldi offers from Specialbuys and grocery essentials to last-minute forgotten items and campsite snacks. To be able to bring our offering to Stradbally is a special milestone for us as a business – bringing together Ireland’s favourite supermarket with Ireland’s favourite festival!”
Melvin Benn, Festival Republic (Managing Director), also commented on the new partnership:
“It’s been three years since our last Electric Picnic so we cannot wait to entertain our fans with the very best line-up to date and cater for their every need. We are delighted to welcome Aldi as our newest partner at this year’s festival, who will be there to provide the essentials across the campsite, giving huge value to festival attendees.”
Your summer of festivities starts at Aldi where all 150 stores will be celebrating ‘AldiFest’ throughout the summer with everything you need, whether you’re attending Electric Picnic personally or hosting a mini festival at home. Keep an eye on Aldi’s Specialbuys early to nab the essential quality items that won’t break the bank but leave you feeling prepared and smug in-front of your friends.
In the run up to Electric Picnic, keep your eyes peeled on Aldi’s social channels and in store for chances to win the Ultimate Festival Experience with great festival themed prizes, from special access Electric Picnic tickets and glamping to pop-up tents and picnic tables.
Check out the Electric Picnic line up here, and keep up to date with exciting announcements and must-have Specialbuys by following @aldi_ireland and #AldiFest.